Today at Springer Roof we would like to talk to you about the different advantages of using metal roofs by making some comparisons with material roofing tiles. In this article, we are going to give you all the necessary information so that you do not have any doubt about all its benefits, such as the following:
- Easy installation
The installation of this type of metal ceilings can only be one day if you have experience in installing this type of roof, but if it is your first time in the installation of metal ceilings, the duration can be a maximum of two or three days.
- Adapts to every climates
Metal roofs are very effective for times of heavy rain and bad environmental conditions. This material is also excellent for heat conduction, as it is able to reduce the heat that is projected on it throughout the day. In addition, it has a strong resistance to certain phenomena such as snow, hail, mold, fire, insects, and rot.
- Different structures
Leaves, sheets, plates, and tiles are the different structures that can be used for the choice of the model that you want to use of metal roof, so it has much more variety of arrangement than the material tiles. Being able to choose between different models not only allows you to choose the one that best suits the structure of your house, but also the one that best suits your tastes.
- High durability
The durability of this type of material is very long since a poor quality metal roof can last more than 20 years, which would be twice as long as an average asphalt roof. In addition, metal roofs such as copper, stainless steel, aluminum, and zinc have even durability of more than 100 years.
- Easily recyclable
One of the most important aspects that you often worry about is the energy efficiency of the roofing material. In this case, metal roofs are undoubtedly the best option to contribute to this cause, as metal roofs are easily recyclable.
- No maintenance required
Little by little, metal ceilings are becoming one of the preferred types of ceilings due to its material, as it does not need maintenance or special care, becoming one of its main advantages when choosing ceilings. This type of metallic materials, such as aluminum or copper, can be recycled as many times as they are not going to lose their main elements.
METAL ROOFS OFFER OTHER BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- Longevity. Metal roofs can last from 40 to 70 years, depending on the material. Traditional asphalt roofing materials have an approximate life span of 12 to 20 years.
- Durability. Some metal roofs can withstand wind gusts of up to 140 miles per hour, will not corrode or crack and can withstand impacts (depending on the type of metal you choose). In addition, metal roofs do not require periodic and costly maintenance than other roofing materials often require. However, they should be inspected periodically to ensure that repairs are not required.
- Safety. Metal roofs do not produce sparks or catch fire during a forest fire or lightning.
- Energy efficiency. Metal roofs reflect solar radiant heat, which can reduce cooling costs by 10 to 25%.
- Environmentally friendly. Metal roofs not only have 25 to 95% recycled content, depending on the material used, but are also 100% recyclable at the end of their useful life as a roof. In contrast, most roof removal waste ends up as part of the construction-related waste stream – up to 20 billion pounds per year.
As you can see, metal roofs are an excellent option for anyone looking to upgrade their roofs and add value to any property. At Springer Roof, we’re expert roofers in the Miami area. If you are looking to get a new roof or do a roof repair, send us a message and our team will be happy to give you a Free Quote.