When choosing a shingle roofing contractor who will do a professional job you need to really think about it. Each year, the Better Business Bureau and other consumer service agencies receive thousands of complaints about roofing contractors in Miami. Unfortunately, most states have few or no regulations regarding roofing contractors and installers, nor do they have building code requirements pertaining to roofing.
This creates a huge alarm situation when it comes to roofing your home in Miami. Even if you do the proper due diligence, you still run the risk of a contractor who does not watch over their installation practices the way that they should.
When evaluating different shingle roofing contractors in Miami, you need to first understand your roofing needs and your home situation, in future posts, we will discuss how you can understand better your roofing requirements, specially for the climate of Miami.
But first, there are several essential questions to ask all of your prospective shingle contractors. Never feel like you’re asking too many questions. If you are talking to a professional and serious shingle contractor, they will welcome and thank you for your questions. Contractors who get annoyed by too many questions are contractors who you need to back away from. As a consumer, you must be able to obtain clear answers to your questions, always.
Here are 13 essential questions that need you need to ask to your shingle roofing contractor in Miami:
- How long have you been in business?
- How local is your business?
- Who owns your business, and for how long have they owned it?
- What jobs do you have that I can go see?
- Who, exactly, will be installing my roof? Are they employees or sub-contractors? Can I visit a project they are working on right now, and see them in action?
- What training and experience does the crew have? Have they been trained by the manufacturer of my roofing?
- What past customers can I talk to?
- When would you be able to schedule my job?
- How long will my project take?
- Do you have proper licensing and certification? Insurance? Workers’ Comp? Please show me proof of these things.
- Is a building permit required for my project and, if so, will you be pulling one?
- What steps do you take for the safety of your workers?
- What steps do you take to ensure the safety of my home and my family?
If you’d like to see your new roof be environmentally friendly, be sure to discuss energy efficiency, possible recycled content in your new roof, and its recyclability at the end of its useful life. Inquire whether your new roof is Energy Star rated.
If you want to discuss your next project with a qualified shingle roofing contractor in Miami, make sure to contact Springer Roof. We’re the top roofing company in our area for a reason; the quality of the service we provide.
Make sure to ask us any questions you may have regarding your next project and we will gladly help you with figure them out.